14 November 2011

we need to talk ..

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau



weezy are baby 

three of brandon's cutest boys in my speech contest round 

three of brandon's girls in my speech contest 
Generally speaking, I am pretty content with my life, but that is about it -- just content.  I worked a total of twenty extra hours within the last couple of weeks JUST for my Masters class and only got paid a hundred bucks for it.  That was very Bush-like of her, to preemptively reward me before I ask to be paid for the 20 additional hrs.  That's like another 650 dollars in my pocket right there I should be getting paid for!  That's a pair of Tory Burch boots right there, or a quaint Louis Vuitton bag.  But I don't have the guts to ask for it.  Why?  Because I just don't even know anymore.  That is my problem.  I just don't know anymore.  What do I not know?  I DON'T KNOW, i don't even know what i don't know (spoken like a true politician).  But what I do know is that in order to be more than content, I need to think it.  I must stop letting the little things get to me anymore.  Little things like people talking about me and my friends about our work behind our backs (HEY DRAMA, thanks for coming with me to korea!).  But like my kids said the other day: Nobody powerful gets their power without drama and aggravations.  They are quite insightful little children.
  On a lighter note, I had shabu shabu for dinner tonight by marah's place.  It was really good, better than the shabu shabu back at home in Cali.  What would be nice is to go visit Amanda at her new place in Japan and have shabu shabu there!  I love Japanese food!  Anyways it was my only meal today so here I sit at home after dinner eating some regular pepero.  I have to eat these sometime right?  I have a total of five boxes left from the ten that I received on Friday (Pepero day).  I don't really understand pepero day but it seems to be A LOT like valentine's day in america.  You just buy these chocolate sticks for everybody and you can buy stuffed animals with them for a loved one.  It's all about advertisement so it's just about money, that's what makes the world go around .. 

No comments:

Post a Comment