24 November 2011

turkey day ~

 If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.  ~M 

  So today is technically thanksgiving.  It's weird because I knew this holiday was coming but the depth of it never really hit me until my best friend messaged me about it.  After I glanced at her message and saw the word 'thanksgiving' I thought: oh yeah this is a pretty big day in the states and here we are in korea not even considering it really.  We're having korean barbecue with a friend's family and work friends tomorrow (thanksgiving) night.  If we really wanted to we could go to the work thanksgiving dinner upstairs, apparently they're having turkey and other stuff which would be nice to attend but the friend asked first.
  Last year's thanksgiving was really good because my grandmother was finally out of the hospital and little baby june bug's family was in town including the uncle and my mom!! And this year I have a new family.  It's really awe-inspiring how close I've become with the people around me here.  I couldn't imagine this country without these people.  We are truly a family and I am genuinely thankful for them boundlessly.  This year I am thankful for: Korea, people I work with, my grandmother being healthy, and my happiness (it's not selfish, if i'm not happy, you're not happy -- trust me). Oh I'm also thankful that my mother doesn't have to worry so much about my personal economy, this chick gets by well.
  Anyway, I hope everybody has a very happy thanksgiving and eats A LOT of turkey and stuffing with cranberry sauce.  I am salivating at the moment, cute ~

No comments:

Post a Comment