25 October 2011

dorian gray


Critic is he who can translate into another manner or a new material his impression of beautiful things.
enough said 

trying to get a class photo on my bday 

bday present from a friend 
I started reading the picture of dorian gray about a week ago and i really like it so far.  not going to lie, I'm still in the first chapter but hey SO FAR SO GOOD.  My favorite part as of now is, 
"The ugly and the stupid have the best of it in this world.  They can sit at their ease and gape at the play.  If they know nothing of victory, they are at least spared the knowledge of defeat.  They live as we all should live, undisturbed, indifferent, and without disquiet."  
Which brings me to my topic and main idea of the week: I need to slow it down here at work.  I think I have been trying way too hard to do well and be a good person that I am being put in the spotlight for more judgement and an increase of criticism.  As a wise man told me: Be average, if you're below, you're always not good enough; if you're above, you're always depended on.  I'm neither of the three, I am all over the place and I just need to slow it down baby gotta have some fun (spice girls, anybody?) do do do doo.  I was having an awesome October until Friday.  I love October because 1 it is my birthday month 2 i love opals 3 i love autumn and 4 beginning of four great american cultured holidays (halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, and new years eve).  However, last Friday I had a bad day at work because all of the kids were acting a fool (luda).  It's gotten to the point where these children are so comfortable around me that they think it's okay to talk and stand up and eat, that I can't control them and manage them like I used to (babysitter?).  One little rot head in particular told me that I need to die because I am so mean and I seem to not advocate for democracy at school (he's right, I believe in narcissism).  I'm not going to lie, I am a little anxious about how the week is going to turn out for me, I could possibly get fired -- but what's new?  I think I say that every other week, it's a redundant j.lee expression now and I have a copyright on it, okay?  
  On the bright side, autumn is now here and it is cool (pun intended), and I like it -- because I can comfortably wear my jeans with a t-shirt and jacket =) .  The trees are changing and their leaves are falling and people are raking, I love it.  Halloween is right around the corner which means I can buy all the candy that I want as if I am going to pass it out, but really, it will sit in my closet room for me and only me to eat (yes i am fat, so what).  But no really, I think I am going to make little halloween goodie bags for my kids this week and pass them out on Friday and Monday!  YEAYY~  =D  
  I hope everybody has a very Happy Halloween weekend and please be careful!  


No comments:

Post a Comment