02 October 2011

nobodys perfect

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  

my new cousin and me in gangnam 

on top of the big fountain at the park 

cover of the intercontinental brochure 
I had an interesting week this week.  Last Sunday I stayed in bed all day and watched a whole season of Friends (Season four [After Ross and Rachel break up again and Ross meets Emily]).  It was such a waste of a day but at the same time it was awesome.  First time in a while I got to rest and do nothing even though I could have been playing with the canine.
  I had one kid Tuesday night and I thought it would be amazing, but it was better, we talked and got to know each other.  I had a half day on Wednesday and then had only ten out of eighteen kids on Thursday night for Masters.  
  Friday evening I went to Songtan in Osan where one of the U.S. military bases are and had Thai food with some cool co-workers.  I got the chicken pad thai and milk tea, and although it was good, I did just get back from Thailand -- so it is kind of hard to beat that authentic stuff.  After dinner we went to a bar called Blue Jazz near the strip and had a couple of beers with some American military people who were quite interesting.  I thanked one of them for serving in the military and he said: Oh it's nothing, so now I have a distorted view of what they do.  This man makes about 75000 a year being in the military and only gets taxed 28000 of that 75 thousand dollars he makes.  On top of that, he doesn't pay rent or utilities.  We are both ex-pats (kind of, I should give him a lot more credit than that) and I don't even get paid a third of what he gets paid, I get taxed all of it from Korea, and I pay rent and utilities (even though my rent is chizeap).  I am considering joining the American military, now, do you think they are looking for any stylists or bitches??  Because if so, ah bingo!!  =)  Hope all is well with all of you!  
  By the way, my body hurt for a week long after I climbed that fountain up there, I suggest not to do it unless you're well equipped with strong skin and some fat -- which I am .. 

No comments:

Post a Comment